Saturday, August 17, 2013

Finger Lakes

For several years we have had wonderful vacations at the Finger Lakes.
This year we are at the smallest of the lakes.....Lake Conesus.


Until the 18th century, The beauty of Conesus Lake was disturbed only by
the canoes of Indians who lived near the lake or came to set their nets.



I came across a poem by A. Krause ( 1924)
"To awaken in the morning when the sun comes up an shines
And breezes gently rustle thought the maples and the pines
To gaze upon Conesus and to watch the waves at play
Is there anything more wonderous than the glorious break of day?"


Well this morning I woke up around 5:30 and went out on the dock.
It was beautiful. The lake was very still and the fog seemed to skim along the surface
of the water. A beautiful Herron flew overhead and two Kingfishers flew by
together while chirping to one another quite loudly.
What a lovely start to my Saturday morning.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Glatsical!
    I sure will engrave the days at the lake in my memory bank!
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!