Friday, September 6, 2013

Rough going..

Hello my sweet friends
I am back. I am so sorry I got bogged down.
Things will be back to normal as life has a way of continuing no matter
what happens day to day.

Last Saturday I lost one of my dearest and best friends.
It came as a complete shock.  

Tomorrow is the funeral. Another close friend and I will be speaking at it.
We hope to be able to express our feelings about this very special lady.
We also will be speaking for the others that were in our "sewing group"

It was Jans idea originally to begin our "sewing group".
We started with just Jan, Laurie, Nancy, and myself over 30 years ago!!!
Later Beth and Betty joined our group as well.

Jan was an expert quilter.  She really had such an artistic eye!  
Her quilts and quilted hangings and tree skirts were amazing!!!

But most of all Jan was an honest, kind hearted, gentle, woman.
She had the gift of grace.

Not only was Jan my dear friend but she was also a grandmother to both
of my daughters! She taught them to sew and to do quilting.

What a gift Jan was!!


Vincent van Gogh wrote that "close friends are truly life's treasures.

Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves.
With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears.
Their presence reminds us that we are never truly alone."

All for now!

Hugs,
Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!