Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tessellations

Hi all!
Here is a peek into my high school art classroom...

In my Graphic Design class we are making our own tessellations!

1. Make a pattern
First you start with a 3" X 3 " card (cut from an index card)
Draw any shape line from the top left corner to the top right corner
Then a line from the top left to the bottom left corner
Cut the top piece and tape it to the bottom 
Cut the side piece and tape it to the other side

•see my example





Next take a large sheet of paper and lightly draw 3 " squares
on the entire sheet.



Then trace your pattern piece in each square

after tracing then color your patterns.

My tessellation is a Geisha face altered with a Geisha dancing





Thats all for now!
Hugs
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!