Monday, June 4, 2012

Graduation 2012

Greetings my friends! Well another group of lovely, intelligent young women have graduated! This makes my 12th year of teaching here and seeing my students off to (hopefully) a bright and happy future!! Last Thursday was Class Day... It was a gorgeous sunny warm but not hot day!!! Everything was really perfect! All the students were dressed up and we got our first look at the graduating class in their cap & gowns. There was a Mass and then Awards we're given out. Just when we all thought the assembly was ending....Sr. Ann Said she wanted to recognize one more person. She began to tell how this person had done so much work in planning and designing the schools new chapel. Even designed And made the stained glass (style) windows. It occurs to me Hey she is talking about ME !!!!!!!! I went up and got a hug and a gift from Sr. Ann! YES.... I Was quite thrilled! The gift is a lovely silver coin necklace! THE COIN has very SPECIAL Meaning!!! It is a comremative coin from the 1893 Chicago Worlds Fair! Now Let me explain.... One of my window designs was addapted from the mural painted by Mary Cassatt For the Women's pavilion at the Chicago Worlds Fair! More on this later.... Back in a jiffy

5 comments:

  1. Hello 2011 participant of Celebrate Oz:

    I am getting in touch with you to let you know that the date for Return to: Celebrate Oz has been selected for July 19, 2012.
    I hope that you will come and join in the fun again at http://lindaomasoldebaggsnstuftshirts.blogger.com/
    I look forward to seeing you down the yellow brick road, Oma Linda, team green of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda
      Yes... I do hope to be a part of the
      Celebrate Oz!
      Thanks,
      Mary

      Delete
  2. Hi Glatiscal
    YES I DO AGREE that Renee deserves some Major CUDOS TOO!!!
    Hugs,
    Mair

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you would call it a coincidence that I have a Mary Cassatt quote...I have ALWAYS
    LOVED her work!!!
    :O)
    Mair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,
    I am thrilled that you received recognition at the graduation awards!!!! I can not wait to see your necklace!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!