Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

Good morning friends!
It was quite a treat to hear last night that the area school would be closed today!
Yes-Even teachers love a snow day now and then! Not just our students!

This is a pleasant surprise to be able to get caught up on some school work and house work, do a little baking and...ART WORK!!!
Yipppeeeeee....

I haven't had a free moment to do any drawing or painting lately and it was
starting to get to me. There is such pleasure and freedom when you let your creative
juices flow!

I have been playing around with cartoons and more playful illustrations lately.
A teacher I had over at the Worcester Art Museum has a book out.
I just got it and can't wait to read it!
"How To Draw Graphic Novel Style"
by Andy Fish

As a kid I spent all my extra money on "Archie Comics" and my brother bought the "Mad"
magazines. Then later I was always drawing the "Peanuts " characters.
So... I want to go back and revive some of my original ideas with my own twist.
If you are interested in a couple of great blogs that are written by two great artists
Andy Fish and his wife Veronica
Go check out...
http://andyfishwrap.blogspot.com/
Also ...
http://veronicahebs.blogspot.com/

Okay that is it for now. Im off to snap some photos of this storm we are in and then retreat to the drawing board!

Later!
Mary :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!