Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter storm continues ....

Tuesday 2/8/11

Just another day in Paradise!

I must say the freshly fallen snow was really pretty this morning!

Yes... Of course I'm always happier when I can have unexpected
extra time in the morning to get to work!
We had another 2 hour delay. The back roads were no fun but
with the delay by the time I got out the main road's were pretty good!

Since I had a little extra time today I did some
drawing and painting.
Here is my little couple straight from Holland!

*Please Note-I do not intend to offend anyone if they think
my little folk here are
stereotype or offensive in any way!


It would seem I should be able to get a clearer photo of my valentine.
And I could if I had gotten my camera ~sigh~

But, instead I used the camera- Photo Booth on my Mac here at work.
I will replace it with a better quality photo tomorrow.

You know its funny but ever since I was a child I have been taken with little
vintage Dutch figurines.
Way back years ago when I taught first grade
I had so much with the month of March!
I went all out with the tulips, fresh bulbs in

Delftware, windmills and cute little people in the vintage costumes.

Not to mention that I have always favored Flemish art!
I adore Johannes Vermeer

and Judith Leyster.

Anyways... I have been collecting vintage valentines for a while now.
And I have a lot of fun painting and creating a vintage look
with my own twist on the little characters.


Well, it has snowed all day so I am off to clean off my car and do some errands after work.
Take care all &
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

:O)Mary





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday February 7th
Hello Friends! I am not sure how to keep the OWOH Post at the top so I am improvising. (please... bear with me)

Well, I Finally got a few shots of what my Graphic Design Class has been doing lately.
They were creating letters.
In short-They had to create one in watercolors,
one with scratch board and
one with colored pencils.
Here they are... Ta Dah






Sorry...some of them came out fairly dark
but, you get the idea.
That's it for now.
Have a Marvelous Monday!
;O)Mary

Well hello again from the frozen north!
Yes.... the nasty weather continues
This is the view from my kitchen

On today's menu we have
snow, ice, sleet, hail and fog...
Let me see is there anything I'm forgetting?
Oh, did I mention no school! That makes 7 days I do believe!

Little Coco braves the icy wind...Poor baby!



This is a shot of the ice that is growing on our lines
Kind of arty isn't it?






This morning as I was having my breakfast


This lovely wood pecker came to visit


Beautiful of what???
It looks like he was wearing a little knitted cap!


Another day of no school.
So, I decided to do a little decorating
for Valentines Day!
Here is a peek into my home.











Oh, here is a little watercolor Valentine I made. I was going for a "retro" look.
One of my hobbies is collecting vintage valentines



I have more ideas that I will work on later. But, they will have to wait since I do
imagine there will be school tomorrow!
Thanks for dropping by!
:O)Mary


1 comment:

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!