Monday, April 25, 2011

Snowdrops

Hello My Dear Friends!
I hope your Easter Holiday was a lovely and memorable one!


I have just returned from a pleasant trip back home to Kentucky.
It was wonderful as it always is to get to visit my Mom and Dad,
Marlene and of course my brother and his family!
While I was there my Mom got quite ill and was quickly diagnosed with pneumonia.  She sure gave us quite a scare but I am so very thankful to report that she is much better!


Before I  left for my holiday
I had started a watercolor of the sweet flower here known as-Snowdrops
What do you think so far?

When I returned to New England I was very happy to be greeted by the lovely daffodils and tulips and forsythia now in full bloom!
  

It has been raining here like crazy and will continue for the rest of the week.  While in Louisville we also had some rain and quite severe storms.  One night I was awakened to the sirens and the loud speaker in my building telling  everyone to evacuate to the hallways because of the Tornado Warning!!
Thankfully.... we all escaped any harm or damage. 

Guess thats it for today!
I will continue on my painting and post 
more photos as I complete it.

Have a lovely evening!
Hugs!
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a nice Easter & that your Mom is on the mend! The watercolor is progressing beautifully--love the soft blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie & Judith!
    Thank you both for taking the time to stop by and check out my latest painting project!
    :O)Mary

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!