Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sunshine

Good morning!
Do not be fooled by my post title..."Sunshine"
We are being saturated with rain today. Flood stages and flood watches
in all our area. But, I see on the map so many towns and states are flooded far worse!!!
Pennsylvania, ...New York!!

Then on the other extreme there are the horrific fires burning down
in Texas!
All remain in my thoughts and prayers!!

The "sunshine" in my post title
actually was a reference to a cartoon I have drawn.

A friend recently mentioned she was being exhausted always trying to cheer
up a gloomly, irrevocably bummed out friend of hers...
To quote her...

I  get tired of always having to
"blow sunshine up her butt"...
What a vision I had of this expression!!!


PLEASE NOTE-Any resemblance to real persons, 
living or dead is purely coincidental.













(You know the type... The terminal complainer
"Oh Im so fat...I hate my job... I have no friends
Everybody is sooo mean to me..Why can't I have a BMW?
...Boohoo poor little me!!" )


•This cartoon was certainly not aimed at people with real depression
From genetics to illnesses and medications to major life events.
Depression is real! 


I shall end this post with a wonderful quote




We tend to forget that happiness
doesn't come as a result of getting
something we don't have,
but rather of recognizing
 and appreciating what we do have.

Love, Mary






2 comments:

  1. Very thought provoking !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!
    Comeback again soon!
    Im working on another cartoon at the moment!
    :O)HUGS
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!