Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday-Catch Up

Hi there!
I thought I would share with you what we did in my
 Drawing & Painting class this week


Recently I have been giving instructions on how to use watercolors.  Watercolors have been my favorite medium to use for many years .


We played around with painting tones so my students
could get use to the different brushes and get a feel for working with transparent layers.


Usually I love to have the first project be a still life. We also tackle a difficult subject-glass. Here I have a very simple still life of an apple and my favorite glass pitcher. I find it fun to use green and red subject matters (complementary colors)




I kept a photo log of my painting as we went along.

 Sorry- it is quite a dark photo
First the basic drawing....






                Then I add some blue tones to set the background.







           Then I lay in some green & red...






























I am slowly adding more layers of color.


Almost done...


A little work to define the highlights





And it's finished...


My wonderful students



Look how hard they are concentrating!



Each are beginning to develop their own style.


 Don't worry ...they said I could put them in my blog!


Yeah...I am pretty crazy about my kiddos!

Yes... it is a small class!
The joys of teaching in a private school

Oh ...someone asked why the green glass pitcher is so special to me...
I bought it years ago  while I was a student at Marietta College.
My husband did inspections in parts of West Virginia and one day we stopped into
Blenko Glass Factory.  Had a tour and I have been crazy about hand blown glass ever since that day!

That's all for today!
Snow is on the way so keep warm and I hope to see you soon!
Hugs
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!