Friday, February 3, 2012

WAM Flora in Winter January 2012

   Hello my kind friends!


Last weekend I was fortunate enough to get over to
the Worcester Art Museum (known as WAM)
to view the Flora exhibit. 





In the dead of winter Worcester Art Museum comes alive with 
this marvelous annual floral design event.


Let me tell you it is my idea of heaven!  Taking in the fresh scent of flowers
art in the galleries and music in the Renaissance Court.  The afternoon I was there the Chorus group from a local high school performed. 


So, my friends grab your cup of tea and settle down for our 

little trip through one of my favorite places!!!











  






                        I saw this handsome guy right near the main entrance.






                              






























Take a closer look at the little fish



I am pretty sure he is made from the leaves of a jade plant.

















       






                           I have to say-This is one of my favorite florals! 

It is so silvery and peach -like a walk on the beach!

Those shells and flowers are reflected on the huge mirror they are perched upon.




A close up














Here is one of 
 Louise Nevelsons sculptures

And this red arrangement next to the black was
a real show stopper!
Many different varieties of red flowers were
packed into square planters creating a
"Nevelson" like arrangement




Here, I just fell in love with the hand made
 tall vases holding these white and coral flowers



This was the florist's take on 
Georgia O'Keefes 
"Blue Skies"

Brrrrrr........



There seems to be a problem with the heat in my studio office...?


I will have to take a short break here.
Please enjoy a few more pictures  I have posted below and
I shall return as soon as possible
















2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, those flowers are beautiful!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kate!
    Thank you for your sweet comments!
    Come back again soon!
    :O)Mary

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!