Sunday, February 12, 2012

Frozen Sundae.... umm.... Sunday Anyone?



Greetings! 

Yes... it seems like the winter weather has finally arrived. Well, at least the temperature is what we normally experience this time of year.  I can't say I have missed it nor, have I missed the snow.
Today I finally got around to completing a project I have been trying to get to all winter! 
I really enjoy wet felting.  Last year when Jaylee ran a workshop at my school we made the felted soaps. 
And a couple of years ago I took a class at
 New England Felting Supply.  



At that time I made a felted pocket book. I loved it but the process of making it took over 6 hours!! My back was aching so much I could hardly get in the car for the 1 1/2 hr. drive home. At the time I remember saying I wouldn't sell it for less than 800 dollars!!

Anyways.....the project I have been trying to get to was -
Nuno Felting.  What is Nuno felting you ask?


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Example of what can be achieved with Nuno felting - Spring 2012 Collection Jacket by Eve Anders Fashion.jpg

Nuno felting
 is a fabric felting technique developed by Polly Stirling, a fiber artist from New South Wales, Australia, around 1992. The name is derived from the Japanese word "nuno" meaning cloth[1]. The technique bonds loose fibre, usually wool, into a sheer fabric such as silk gauze, creating a lightweight felt. The fibres can completely cover the background fabric, or they may be used as a decorative design that allows the backing fabric to show. Nuno felting often incorporates several layers of loose fibres combined to build up colour, texture, and/or design elements in the finished fabric

OK...Not in my wildest dreams --------->
.

But.... I took one of the silk scarves I had dyed with various shades of pinks and tan and added some wool in shades of purple's and pink's.... It took a couple of hours but, I am very pleased with the outcome!
I am so happy with it that I hope it will be all dry 
so I can wear it to school tomorrow!



That's all for tonight! I'm off to get my books
 and belongings all set out for the morning and then  I can 
tune in for the Grammy Awards tonight!!
Wow...That is such sad news about Whitney Houston.
What a terrible waste of such a marvelous God given talent.




Bye for now
Hugs!
Mary














No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!