Monday, October 8, 2012

Ladies of the Lake Retreat

Hello My Friends!
I am back from the Lake!
What a lovely time I had there! It was an extra treat because I was able to spend time with my dear friend Jaylee and my darling daughter Cookye! ( I wish my other darling daughter Candybar  could have joined us too!)

It is a beautiful place in any season! Just look at the main lodge!!





It was a great 3 days at Sky Lake in N.Y. Although I had visited Sky Lake once several years ago,,, 
I had never stayed there nor have I ever been on a retreat.


What a joy it was to be there! 
I loved the music, the food, the choice of events we
could sign up for and the lovely people that attended and ran the retreat!

The first night there I made an apron!  What fun... although I was pretty rusty
 at cutting out patterns and using the sewing machine.  How I miss making clothes for my
kids and all kinds of related handicrafts.
On Saturday I had a "make over" with the Mary Kay consultant. (Yes, I have always LOVED
make up although you might not know it by looking at me)
Note- I said I love it ...
I didn't say I knew how to apply it! Tee hee 
Also on Saturday they had a Drum Circle!  Wow was that terrific!!!  I do realize I have 
a serious lack of rhythm ...but... that didn't stop me!! If there was such a thing here where I live I
would be there weekly!
I also make a pretty bracelet, cooked apple dumplings and took a photo class! All that
plus time for music led on the piano and guitar! Singing, scriptures, and praying!

 Even Pumpkin carving!!!

I have always been shy and more of a silent observer but it was
such a happy place I was right at home!


OK
I have many photos to share so I will be back with more tomorrow!
Until then 
Hugs,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!