Monday, June 24, 2013

Marginal Way

What a beautiful day yesterday was!!!
The weather was perfect in Maine.
Friends of ours were up for the weekend and so
off we all went to Ogunquit ME.

We had a yummy lunch at the "Lobster Shack".
A former student of mine recommended eating there.
The other members of our party got the lobster roll that came with chowder.  I got the fish tacos.  Then we all got dessert which was a huge strawberry shortcake.

We were stuffed and decided to walk around and see the shops and of course - walk the Marginal Way.





The ocean was fairly calm...No huge waves like I have seen before.







This is one lovely home I saw along our walk. 
Yes, I am always drawn to welcoming front porches with the American flag proudly hung.



Along the walk I took loads of flower pictures.




 (I will add some more floral shot's later)  The beach roses were beautiful and fragrant hmmmm...

Before we hit the road for home we did make one more stop.
That was at the Stonewall Kitchen. 

It is a massive building with a "Studio Kitchen" for lessons and broadcasts.  In the other part was a cafe and shop (Um I will take one of everything please...Teehee)

Outside the building were beautiful gardens. I especially LOVED the cute hanging watering cans.

As I said before it was a perfect day in every way!
All for now!
Hugs :O)
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Dear Friends
    To leave a comment just write in the large box then in the tiny box that says google ...scroll down to anonymous (so you do not have to have an account )
    I look forward to your visiting again soon!
    Hugs :O)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary
    We all love Mane but especially Ogunquit and Perkins Cove.
    Love your photographs!

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!