Saturday, December 24, 2011

A "Marbleous" Christmas Eve


Merry Christmas my friends!!
Here it is Christmas Eve!!!

 We had a Christmas get together with
half the family last weekend. It was a wonderful get together
 at Cookie and Eugenes home! Sasa and Uncle Bert were there.
And so were Eugenes parents.  It was a fun, relaxing totally lovely weekend.

I did miss having Lil Sandi & Carle with us.
 Of course I sure wish my Mom and Dad and my Brother and
his family could have joined us as well!!!
It has always been a little hard to get us all together in one city these
past 6 or so years.

This week I have been recouping from a nasty rotten cold which
sadly now hubs has caught!  We canceled further travel plans and are staying at home.
I did go out to my studio several times this week to work on a Faux Marble
altar for the new school chapel...
 Here are some pix :O)

There are 2 fairly large wooden rectangle shaped boxes for the base
and one large rectangle box for the top.

First Renee helped me sand and paint the base coats-primer etc.
Then we sponged white and a light golden yellow, plus a darker yellow paint


Hmmm... My photos came out so grainy.
I should have used the flash....

Tee hee ...Did you notice in the first photo my bag of "Honey Dew"s?
I am addicted to the raspberry twist sticks.
NO not  a good Weight Watchers choice!



And
Voila! I am finished!
Can't wait to see it with varnish and all put together!!
Of course I will post some photos as soon as it is done!!! 

Well, my friends have a lovely evening and keep an eye out for Santa!

OH...Wishing my Jewish friends a very happy Hanukkah!!! 

•Especially my dear friend Jaylee and
her sweet family!!!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!
Hugs,
Santa Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks and come back soon!